Colin Baker (The Doctor), Katy Manning (Iris Wildthyme), Maria McErlane (Bianca), Paul Clayton (Henry), Jane McFarlane (Mickey), James Campbell (Allis & Ballis), Mark Donovan (Sturmer), Ian Brooker (Barman)
There’s one place in creation where the truth really can be found in the bottom of a glass: Bianca’s, a very special and very exclusive little club.
The Doctor, careworn and seeking quiet distraction, gains admission. But his rest and relaxation is soon shattered by the wobbly arrival of louche trans-temporal adventuress Iris Wildthyme. She claims she’s on a secret mission of vital importance, the success of which hinges on her getting paralytic. When she’s drunk, she can hear the whispering voices in her head!
The Doctor soon learns that Bianca’s airs and graces cover not just one malevolent power lurking in the shadows, but several. And a wriggling, writhing presence has designs on the clieele just as Bianca herself has designs on The Doctor at last, after so many centuries, the weary Time Lord is dragged by the heels into that darkest of undiscovered countries – love.
- The Wormery was the fifty-first monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The Doctor refers to the second time that he was put on trial by the Time Lords. (The Trial of a Time Lord)
- To date, this is the only appearance of Iris in the main range.
- The story’s setting is loosely based on the stage musical Cabaret.
- This audio drama was recorded on 1 and 10 November 2002 at the Moat Studios.
- This audio and Zagreus were released in the same month, the first time in Big Finish history that two main range releases were.