Died 28 November 1936.
“Deliver us from Evil.”
Harry is dead. Having left him abandoned and alone in pre-war Britain, the Fourth Doctor and Sarah try to solve the mystery of his death. But the only witness is in a lunatic asylum, driven mad by what he has seen. He tells of murder and mutilation, of living trees and long-dead legends, of wolfmen and war… And of a mysterious stranger known only as The Doctor.
Can it be true that Harry discovered the last resting place of the Holy Grail? Why are the flowers and trees in a Somerset village in full bloom at Christmas? And is it just a coincidence that Harry died under a full moon…?
- Wolfsbane was the sixth-second BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel. It featured the Fourth Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith and Harry Sullivan. It also features the Eighth Doctor.
- A preview for this novel illustrated by Mike Collins appeared in DWM 334.
- The December 1936 sequences take place contemporaneously with the events of the novel Players, whereas the October 1938 sequences take place contemporaneously with the events of the novelTimeless and shortly before those of the audio story Invaders from Mars.
- The Doctor mentions travelling abroad for several years. The Year of Intelligent Tigers
- Harry reads a rejection letter from The Doctor’s literary career. (Mordieu)
- To spark the Eighth Doctor’s memory, Harry mentions Skaro. (Genesis of the Daleks)