War Against the Laan
Tom Baker (the Doctor), Mary Tamm (Romana), Hayley Atwell (President Moorkurk),David Warner (Cuthbert), Toby Hadoke (Mr Dorrick)
‘Just a taste of Armageddon, Romana. It’s what happens when acquisitive minds are left unencumbered by conscience.’
The Doctor, Romana and newly elected President Sheridan Moorkurk take on the all-consuming powers of business tycoon Cuthbert and his vast Conglomerate. But the situation goes beyond a struggle for political power. Cuthbert is intent on revenge on creatures he feels have attacked his interests. But when his revenge looks like leading to inter-species war, the Doctor knows the stakes couldn’t be higher.
The Laan are on the move. Is it too late to prevent the destruction of all life on Earth?
- War Against the Laan was the third story in the second series of The Fourth Doctor Adventures.
- The Doctor tells President Moorkurk that he is an expert on “practically everything.” (Spearhead from Space, Utopia)
- The Doctor says, “Just touch these two wires together and that’s it. The Daleks are finished.” (Genesis of the Daleks)
- Romana believes that The TARDIS is “not the most elegant method of travel.”
- All of the Laan are female.
- The Laans’ ability to navigate through time and space was damaged by Cuthbert’s experiments with the Quantum Gateway