Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Bonnie Langford (Melanie Bush), Anna Bentinck (Jean / Computer), Clare Buckfield (Ann / Darl), Barnaby Edwards (Reef), Philip Franks (Supervisor), Dillie Keane (Lydek), Barry McCarthy (Fred / Terminal)
The Doctor and Mel land in what appears to be an orbiting warehouse, a delivery facility with a dangerously eratic computer.
Whilst Mel is helping with repairs, The Doctor begins to realise that not everything in the warehouse is as it seems. Why do no goods ever seem to leave the shelves? Why are the staff so obsessed with the stocktake? And who is the mysterious Supervisor?
On the planet below, The Doctor discovers that the computer might be the least of their problems – and that they should be more concerned with the space station’s mould and vermin…
Written By: Mike Tucker
Directed By: Barnaby Edwards
- By the mid-21st century, the Pease Pottage high street will have 173 coffee shops, but no other shops.
- There is a wooden rollercoaster on Coney Island.
- The Doctor carries spoons with him.
- The Doctor theorises that the warehouse goods, including food and furniture, are delivered by drones.
- The Doctor compares the worship of the warehouse to the Melanesian cargo cults by tribes in the Pacific during World War II.
- This story was recorded on 12 and 13 January at The Moat Studios.
- This is Tucker’s first audio story featuring a team-up other than the Seventh Doctor and Ace, which the majority of his work features.
- As such, he chose a warehouse setting to continue the pattern of places Mel and the Doctor visited, which include a holiday camp, a tower, and a freezer center.
- The Doctor says “Brave heart, Mel.” He said a similar phrase to his companion Tegan. (Earthshock)
- The Doctor recalls an Amazon tribe. This is a play on words on “Amazon”, in reference to the online retailer that this play satirises said a similar phrase to his companion Tegan. (Earthshock)
|Written By:||Mike Tucker|
|Sound Design:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Music:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Cover Art:||Tom Webster|
|Number of Discs:||2|
|Physical Retail ISBN:||978-1-78178-543-0|
|Recorded Dates:||12th and 13th January, 2015|