Walking To Babylon
Lisa Bowerman (Bernice Summerfield), Elisabeth Sladen (Ninan-ashtammu), Stephen Fewell (Jason Kane), Barnaby Edwards (John Lafayette), Nigel Fairs (WiRgo!xu), Anthony Keech (!Ci!ci-tel), Steven Wickham (The Drone), Louise Morell (Miriam),Alex Canini (Babylonian Child)
THE TIME RING TRILOGY: PART 1
“I’m scared of letting all these people down. At least if I get blown up as well, they can say I died heroically. Assuming I ever existed at all.”
The People are one of the most technologically advanced races in the Universe – except in the area of time travel. Professor Bernice Summerfield has a time ring. So does her ex-husband Jason Kane. Trouble is, they’re their wedding rings, and they won’t work unless they’re together.
Benny is surprised when Jason turns up to visit her at St Oscar’s, especially when she discovers that he has brought one of the People with him. She should have guessed that her good-for-nothing ex wasn’t just interested in her company…
Using the time rings, two People create a Time Path and travel back to ancient Babylon, taking an unwilling Jason with them.
Benny has just 48 hours to find them and rescue her errant husband, before the People back in the 26th century send a singularity bomb to destroy the Path – and Babylon.
But someone else has discovered the Path and walked to Babylon – Edwardian time-sensitive John Lafayette. And Benny discovers her mission has a complication that she never dreamed of – romance.
Written By: Kate Orman
Directed By: Gary Russell
- Walking to Babylon was the third Bernice Summerfield audio drama produced by Big Finish Productions.
- Kate Orman does not have any rights to the audio adaptation aside from those attached to her original work, as these were signed away in her contract.
- Elizabeth Sladen was Sarah Jane in Doctor Who
- This audio drama was recorded on 5 and 6 November 1998.
- The People were introduced in The Also People.