Doctor Who The Ultimate Adventure
Colin Baker (The Doctor), Noel Sullivan (Jason), Claire Huckle (Crystal), David Banks (Karl), Nadine Cox (Delilah/Mrs T), Bryan Pilkington (Nightclub MC), Derek Carlyle (Envoy/Zog), Nicholas Briggs (Daleks/Cybermen)
“A special audio adaption of the Doctor Who stage-play from the 1980s.”
The Daleks have allied themselves with the Cybermen and a deadly band of mercenaries. The future of Earth depends upon a vital peace conference. And Mrs T knows that only one Time Lord can save the world.
There are epic battles. There are betrayals. There is love, and there even songs.
Take your seat for… Doctor Who – The Ultimate Adventure!
- After meeting the British Prime Minister in 10 Downing Street, The Doctor tells Jason that”that woman” terrifies him.
- Crystal is a singer at the Number Ten, a nightclub in Clarendon Square.
- Jason’s full name is the Marquis de Saint Epiman de Sinee de la Tour. His mother was English and he was educated in England, not returning to his birthplace until shortly before the outbreak of the French Revolution in 1789.
- The Doctor finds his Fourth Doctorfourth incarnation’s scarf in the TARDIS.
- The Doctor compares an attempted Dalek invasion of Altair III to humans causing global warming on Earth.
- The Doctor talks about a time when he spoke with Winston Churchill (“Winnie”) after the Allied defeat at Dunkirk during World War II. He convinced a dispirited Churchill to keep Britain in the war in defiance of Hitler by quoting to him what would become Churchill’s own”finest hour” speech.
- Chronologically, this is the earliest story to feature the Daleks and the Cybermen alongside each other. It is not, however, the first story to feature them both – an honour instead held by The Five Doctors (or more accurately the novelisation which was released first). It is also not the earliest story to be produced in which the Daleks and Cybermen appear side by side each other since, as it was released in 2008, it was beaten to that position by Doomsday by two years. It would be followed by The Pandorica Opens in 2010.
- Daleks are present in the TARDIS. Once more, The Ultimate Adventure is chronologically the earliest story in which this has happened. From a release standpoint however, it was beaten by War of the Daleks in 1997 and The Parting of the Ways in 2005.
- The Doctor tells Crystal that he’s”had many, many companions in the TARDIS over the years – Susan, Jamie and Zoe, Leela, Peri and Evelyn.” The original play, of course, makes no reference to Evelyn, who was introduced for the audio range.
- The Daleks have tried to sabotage a World Peace Conference before. (Day of the Daleks)
- The Doctor mentions that Daleks cannot stand the cold. (Planet of the Daleks)