Twilight of the Gods
“They’re Menoptera, “ The Doctor exclaimed, “and this must be Vortis! But why are you treating them like this? They’re a peaceful people, not slaves! What’s been happening here?”
Many years have passed since The Doctor’s first visit to the Web Planet, and he finds a very different world from the one he knew; a world now embroiled in a bitter interplanetary war between the opposing factions of a divided race.
To restore peace, The Doctor must first resolve a deadly ideological conflict, solve the paradox of the nature of life on Vortis, and finally confront the Gods of Light themselves.
As the stakes are raised, can The Doctor contain the ancient terror that threatens to devastate an entire star system?
- Twilight of the Gods was the twenty-sixth novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Christopher Bulis. It featured theSecond Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon and Victoria Waterfield
- This is a sequel to The Web Planet
- Victoria talks about her late father, Edward Waterfield, and the dramatic change that came over him after meeting Theodore Maxtible. (The Evil of the Daleks)
- The Doctor reminds Jamie that they walked on the Moon in 2070. The Moonbase)
- In the hundreds of year since the First Doctor defeated the Animus, most of Vortis’ vegetatedition has regrown. (The Web Planet)