18 May 1978
The Cybermen – silver, indestructible monsters whose only goal is power – seem to have disappeared from their planet, Telos. When a party of archaeologists, joined by The Doctor, Jamie, and Victoria, land on the Cybermen‘ barren, deserted planet, they uncover what appears to be their tomb.
But once inside it becomes clear that the Cybermen are not dead, and some in the group of archaeologists desperately want to re-activate these monsters!
How can The Doctor defeat These ruthless, power-seeking humans and the Cybermen?
- Victoria and Jamie
- An Expedition into Space
- The Entrance to the Tombs
- Cyberman Control Room
- The Recharging Room
- The Target Room
- The Finding of the Cybermat
- The Secret of the Hatch
- The Cyberman Controller
- Release the Cybermats
- The Controller is Revitalised
- Toberman Returns
- Closing the Tombs
DEVIATIONS FROM THE TELEVISED STORY
- The narration sometimes refers to The Doctor as “Doctor Who”.
- The introduction provides a brief synopsis of the birth of the Cybermen and the events of The Tenth Planet and The Moonbase. However, the introduction also states that the homeworld of the Cybermen was always Telos, not Mondas.
- Toberman is described as either Turkish or Middle Eastern.
- The main chamber of the tomb is lined with ornate bas-reliefs of the history of the Cybermen, from their creation to the destruction of Mondas.
- The Cyber-Controller is described as having a black helmet, like the Cyber-Leaders seen later in the series.
- There are five lieutenant Cybermen to the Cyber-controller.
- Klieg states he is President of the Brotherhood of Logicians, rather than being just a major member of the Brotherhood.
- The Earth expedition ship is named the Orbiter.
- The Cybermats are described as scorpions.