Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Tracey Childs (Elizabeth Klein), Ann Bell (Mrs Sylvia O’Donnell), Abigail McKern (Mrs Denise Waterford), Joannah Tincey (Miss Lucy Watts), Chuk Iwuji (Joshua Sembeke), Alex Mallinson (Abraham)
1950s Kenya. The Mau Mau uprising. A disparate group of women lie low in a remote house in the jungle, waiting for a resolution or for rescue. Among these British imperialists is Elizabeth Klein, a refugee from a timeline that no longer exists… thanks to The Doctor.
Reunited, The Doctor and Klein are forced to set aside their differences by terrifying circumstances. People are dying in this remote place. One by one. And there’s something out there, in the jungle, accompanied only by the flutter of a thousand tiny wings…
- A Thousand Tiny Wings was the one hundred and thirtieth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. Released in January 2010, it featured the return of Tracey Childs as Elizabeth Klein, a character whom she had previously played in Colditz in 2001.
- This story began a series of three audio releases featuring Elizabeth Klein travelling with Sylvester McCoy’s Seventh Doctor.
- Klein is fervent that The Doctor destroyed her world and that her timeline is the proper one.
- The Doctor recalls meeting the Neo-Nazi Hans de Flores in November 1988. (Silver Nemesis)
- The Doctor tells Mrs O’Donnell that he has fond memories of driving vintage cars. (Spearhead From Space)