The pursuit of the Timewyrm leads The Doctor and Ace to London, 1951, and the Festival of Britain — a celebration of the achievements of this small country, this insignificant corner of the glorious Thousand Year Reich.
Someone — or something — has been interfering with the time lines, and in order to investigate, The Doctor travels further back in time to the very dawn of the Nazi evil. In the heart of the Germany of the Third Reich, he finds that this little band of thugs and misfits did not take over half the world unaided.
History must be restored to its proper course, and in his attempt to repair the time lines, The Doctor faces the most terrible dilemma he has ever known…
- Timewyrm Exodus is the second book in the New Adventures series, and was written by Terrance Dicks. It features the Seventh Doctor and Ace.
- This is the second novel in the Timewyrm tetralogy.
- This is a sequel to The War Games, which introduced the War Chief.
- Ace mentions Commander Millington’s office seen in The Curse of Fenric.
- The Doctor mentions his third self dying of radiation poisoning in Planet of the Spiders.
- The Doctor once again describes his fourth incarnation as all”teeth and curls.” (The Five Doctors)
The Seventh Doctor has grey eyes and can speak German.
The Doctor goes under the alias Johann Schmidt.
The Doctor has a Stattenheim remote control for the TARDIS. Whistling helps focus the mind to telepathically call forth the TARDIS.
The War Chief mentions his SIDRATs.
FOODS AND BEVERAGES
Ace drinks some weak tea whilst in the alternate London.
The Doctor and Ace have toast, coffee, bacon, eggs, and kedgeree for breakfast.
The Doctor claims to have never met Adolf Hitler before this occasion.
Ace is almost killed by the warlord/chief.
Hitler develops psychic powers because of the Timewyrm trapped within him.