Mesopotamia — the cradle of civilisation. In the fertile crescent of land on the banks of the rivers Tigris and Euphrates, mankind is turning from hunter gatherer into farmer, and from farmer into city-dweller.
Gilgamesh, the first hero-king, rules the city of Uruk. An equally legendary figure arrives, in a police telephone box: the TARDIS has brought The Doctor and his companion Ace to witness the first steps of mankind’s long progress to the stars.
And from somewhere amid those distant points of light an evil sentience has tumbled. To her followers in the city of Kish she is known as Ishtar the goddess; to The Doctor’s forebears on ancient Gallifrey she was a mythical terror — the Timewyrm.
- Timewyrm: Genesys is the first novel in the New Adventures series, and it was written by John Peel. It featured the Seventh Doctor and Ace.
- The Doctor uses the his TARDIS’ telepathic circuits to delete some superfluous memories, accidentally deleting Ace’s; he gives them back but accidentally gives her some of Melanie Bush’s also, which also allowed her to remember when Mel went to Paradise Towers.
- This is the first of four books Timewyrm four-novel series.
- TheFourth Doctor had gained knowledge of the Timewyrmwhen he was in the Matrixin The Invasion of Time; he left a time-delayed message in the TARDIS for himself.
- Acestill feels some of the after effects of the Cheetah Virus after she was infected with in Survival.
- The Doctor consoles Enkidu (who believes he is the last of his kind) by telling him that another Neanderthal survives to the 19th century. (Ghost Light)