Time of Your Life
“Organic bugs must be purged from the system,” the screen told him. Then, more succinctly, “You die.”
The Network broadcasts entertainment to the planets of the Meson system: Death-hunt 3000, Prisoner: The Next Generation, Bloodsoak Bunny… Sixteen channels, and not one of them worth watching. But for the citizens of poverty-stricken Torrok, television offers the only escape from a reality too horrible to face.
Angela, a young inhabitant of Torrok, leaps at the chance to travel to the Network with a hermit who calls himself the Doctor. However, all is not well on the giant, chaotic space station. A soap star has murdered his wife’s lover; the robotic regulars of Timeriders are performing random kidnappings; and a lethal new game show is about to go on the air.
Can the Doctor uncover the cause of the apparently random disturbances — or will his appearance as a competitor on Death-hunt 3000 be the last of his life?
- Time of Your Life was the eighth book in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Steve Lyons.
- The Doctor was put on trial by the Time Lords (The Trial of a Time Lord) and faced the Valeyard, an evil future incarnation of himself. (The Ultimate Foe)
- Reference is made to Drathro, the L3 maintenance robot. (The Mysterious Planet)
- The Doctor recalls the poison vines and acid baths on Varos (Vengeance on Varos) and Lytton’s death on Telos. (Attack Of The Cybermen)
- The Doctor refers to his visit to the last Intergalactic Peace Conference. (Frontier in Space)
- The Doctor recalls his treatment of Peri Brown on Thoros-Beta in 2379. (Mindwarp)