Time of Your Life
“Organic bugs must be purged from the system, ” the screen told him. “Then, more succinctly, “You die.”
The Network broadcasts entertainment to the planets of the Meson system: Death-hunt 3000, Prisoner: The Next Generation, Bloodsoak Bunny… Sixteen channels, and not one of them worth watching. But for the citizens of poverty-stricken Torrok, television offers the only escape from a reality too horrible to face.
Angela, a young inhabitant of Torrok, leaps at the chance to travel to the Network with a hermit who calls himself The Doctor. However, all is not well on the giant, chaotic space station. A soap star has murdered his wife’s lover; the robotic regulars of Timeriders are performing random kidnappings; and a lethal new game show is about to go on the air.
Can The Doctor uncover the cause of the apparently random disturbances — or will his appearance as a competitor on Death-hunt 3000 be the last of his life?
- Time of Your Life was the eighth book in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Steve Lyons.
- The Doctor was put on trial by the Time Lords (The Trial of a Time Lord) and faced the Valeyard, an evil future incarnation of himself. (The Ultimate Foe)
- Reference is made to Drathro, the L3 maintenance robot. (The Mysterious Planet)
- The Doctor recalls the poison vines and acid baths on Varos (Vengeance on Varos) and Lytton’s death on Telos. (Attack of the Cybermen)
- The Doctor refers to his visit to the last Intergalactic Peace Conference. (Frontier in Space)
- The Doctor recalls his treatment of Peri Brown on Thoros-Beta in 2379. (Mindwarp)