The Year of Intelligent Tigers
“Doctor!” said Anji. This couldn’t be happening, he couldn’t just walk out on them! “Look, give them a chance, they’re frightened, they’re only —”
“Human?” The Doctor took a deep breath, as though to stop himself from saying anything more. “Now, stay!”
The weather is going to hell. The tigers are coming to town. And the Doctor has taken his violin and vanished.
The island world of Hitchemus is home to a colony of musicians and seemingly harmless alien animals. When the storms and the tigers break loose, the Doctor tries to protect the humans — but the humans don’t want him. When he ventures into the wilderness in search of the tigers’ secrets, Fitz and Anji find themselves on their own, trying to prevent a war.
With both sides eager for blood, and hurricanes on the horizon, the Doctor must decide whether this time he’s on the side of the human race.
- The Year of Intelligent Tigers was the forty-sixth novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Kate Orman. It featured the Eighth Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and Anji Kapoor.
- The sonic screwdriver is mentioned.
- The Vocoder is used by the Hitchemus tigers to enable them to create speech.
- The Doctor wears a loose white shirt over hemp trousers and a black waistcoat embroidered with orange designs.
- Gidi and Lvan are Earth colonies. Chi Bootis is the closest Earth colony to Hitchemus.
- The Doctor mentions Lorenzo Smitt and Felix Pink as people he knows that have died.