Colin Baker (The Doctor), Lisa Greenwood (Flip Jackson), Miranda Raison (Mrs Constance Clarke), Mark Heap (The Middleman), Sheila Reid (Janaiya), Wayne Forester (Roman), Hollie Sullivan (Olivia York), Chloe Rickenbach (Chloe).
It’s L/Wren Mrs Constance Clarke’s birthday – and Flip is determined to make it an anniversary to remember.
The futuristic colony of Formicia, where the pampered populace pass their days in endless leisure, seems the perfect place for a ‘Wren Party’. But all is not as it seems. Looking down from the Middle, the skyscraping tower that ascends as far as the colony ceiling, Formicia’s overseers can see that The Doctor doesn’t fit in – and it’s not just his coat that makes him conspicuous…
“The End is the Beginning,” say the propaganda-like posters all over Formicia. Because to be part of this perfect society comes at a price. and the Doctor’s already in arrears.
Written By:Chris Chapman
Directed By: Jamie Anderson
- The Middle was the two hundred and thirty-second story in Big Finish’s monthly range. It was written by Chris Chapman and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor, Miranda Raison as Constance Clarke and Lisa Greenwood as Flip Jackson.
- Constance recalls visiting the Bath spa in 1756. (The Behemoth)
- Flip mentions her wedding (Quicksilver), falling out of orbit (Scavenger), flying over the Loch in Scotland (Wirrn Isle) being shot by a Porcian (The Fourth Wall) and seeing the TARDIS for the first time (The Curse of Davros) when shorting out the suit of armour she is wearing.
- The Doctor’s coat possesses 76 different colour tones.
- The Sixth Doctor doesn’t appear physically older than 40 years.