The Kingdom of the Blind
Jason Kane thought things had been going so well with ex-wife Bernice Summerfield, until she went sleepwalking, stole Brax’s shuttle (causing Jason grievous bodily harm in the process), and then abandoned her on-off lover to the mercy of a horde of mute and unfriendly aliens.
Although Benny — waking to find herself marooned on a strange planet dressed only in her nightie, with strange voices in her head and a bunch of one-eyed monsters threatening to cut out her tongue — would probably argue that her day was even worse, thank you very much.
But Benny does seem to have stumbled across the last resting place of a legendary civilisation, so it’s not all bad. Well, assuming she and Jason can survive — intact — long enough to tell anyone about it…
- The Kingdom of the Blind was the twenty-fifth Bernice Summerfield audio story released by Big Finish Productions.
- This story is a prequel to The Ark, which takes placemillions of years in the future.
- Caroline Morris (26) is better known for her role as the Fifth Doctor’s companion Erimem.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 March 2005.
- The First Doctor, Steven Taylor and Dodo Chaplet previously encountered the Monoids aboard the Ark in circa 10, 000, 000 and once again 700 years later. (The Ark)