The Crystal of Cantus
Lisa Bowerman (Professor Bernice Summerfield), Stephen Fewell (Jason Kane), Nicholas Briggs (Ronan McGinley), Miles Richardson (Irving Braxiatel), Steven Wickham (Joseph), Thomas Grant (Peter Summerfield), Paul Bryant (Parasiel), Michael Cuckson (Commander Hallan), Katarina Olsson (Babs), Toby Longworth (Jack), Gary Russell (Thesanius), Joseph Lidster (Cassus)
Fabled crystals from long-dead civilsateditions. Jason Kane blundering into situations out of his control. Entombed Cybermen waking froma century-long sleep. It’s all in a day’s work for Professor Bernice Summerfield.
Armed with her endless supply of witty quips and penchant for lost causes, she’ll find the Crystal, rescue Jason, destroy the Cybermen and be home in time for supper.
Except, this time, it’s different. This time, as the saying goes, it’s personal.
And, after this adventure, things will never be the same again.
Written By: Joseph Lidster
Directed By: Gary Russell
- The Crystal of Cantus was the twenty-eighth Bernice Summerfield audio story released by Big Finish Productions.
- The Cybermen create Cybermats from babies.
- The Galyari perform Macbeth on Berkoff IV.
- The story is not told in a conventional narrative but rather with voice-over and flashback-style point of view scenes.
- Commander Hallan is a recurring character in the Gallifrey audio series, which also features Braxiatel in a major role.
- Benny refers to the events of The Tomb of the Cybermen and states the Cybermen have tombs across the galaxy. This would place that story during or before the early 27th century.
- The crystal is the same as on the Coronet of Rassilon. (The Five Doctors)