The Blood Furnace
The Blood Furnace
Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), sophie Aldred (
The TARDIS brings The Doctor, Ace and Mel to a recently reopened shipyard in Merseyside. It’s 1991, the hardest of times – but now they’re shipbuilding once again, thanks to the yard’s new owners, the Dark Alloy Corporation. A miracle of job creation – but is it too good to be true?
while The Doctor and Ace go in search of an alien assassin at loose in the yard, Stuart Dale, discovererof the near-magical Dark Alloy material, has an extraordinary proposition to make to his old college friend, Mel.
But who is the Corporation’s mysterious client? Who does she really represent? And what’s the secret of the Blood Furnace? Seeking answers, The Doctor and friends are about to find themselves in very deep water…
- The Blood Furnace was the two hundred and twenty-eighth story in Big Finish’s monthly range.
- Joel’s father has been out of work since 1981.
- The Doctor claims that he, Ace and Mel are from the Foreign office.
- Mel and Stuart dated for more than two years in university. After they graduated, he got a job as an engineer in the Middle East. They had a long distance relationship for some time before they broke up.
- The Doctor bought a second hand crime scene forensic scanner from a retired Judoon.
- The Doctoronce met a Sontaran named Harold.
- Ace once again refers to Mel as “Donut”. (Dragonfire, A Life of Crime, Fiesta of the Damned)
- Ace once again exclaims, “Gordon Bennett!” (Dragonfire, The Happiness Patrol, The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Battlefield, A Life of Crime)
- The Doctor treats Mel in the TARDIS sickbay. (Cold Blood)
- The Doctor refers to the Dominators (The Dominators), the Great Vampires (State of Decay) and the Dæmons. (The Dæmons)
- On the dictaphone recording, The Doctor mentions looking up a house called Gabriel Chase. (Ghost Light)
- Ace notes that the TARDIS does not like it when she tries to fly it. (You Are The Doctor, Come Die With Me, The Grand Betelgeuse Hotel, Dead to the World)
- Stuart did karate at school.