The Adventure of the Diogenes Damsel
Lisa Bowerman (Bernice Summerfield), David Warner (Mycroft Holmes), Peter Miles(Straxus), Simon Kingsley (Septimus)
Diverted to Victorian London by persons or powers unknown, twenty seventh century archaeologist, adventuress and inadvertent absent mother Bernice Summerfield finds herself beset with problems of a kind that those unused to time-travel could barely even imagine.
What are the plans of the mysterious Lord Straxus? Who is Ludvig Cooray and what has the number seven to do with all this? Can Bernice acquire the help of Mycroft Holmes, the cleverest man of the age, and more importantly how is she going to get home?
- The Adventure of the Diogenes Damsel was the fourty third Bernice Summerfield audio story released by Big Finish Productions. It was the third story of the ninth season.
- Mycroft Holmes deduces who Bernice is from having read All-Consuming Fire the Reminiscences of Doctor
- John Watson Edited by Arthur Conan Doyle, which contained several pages from Bernice’s diary.
- Bernice’s time ring deposits her in the London Zoo. Not knowing anyone in London, she goes to the Diogenes Club, looking for Mycroft.
- Bernice writes in her diary, something she hasn’t done for some time.
- Three Cwejen appear. they are clones of Chris Cwej created by the Time Lords.
- The Cwejen argue that Mycroft Holmes and Bernice have made their abstract plan to summon “Mister Seven” more concrete and real, via quantum mnemonics.
- Straxus is a Time Lord.
- Straxus’ time ring can override Bernice’s.
- Straxus regenerates.
- Straxus ponders if Bernice is a member of the Faction.
Written By: Jim Smith Director: Nigel Fairs Sound Design: David Darlington Music: David Darlington Cover Art: Adrian Salmon Number of Discs: 1 Duration: 60′ approx Physical Retail ISBN: 978-1-84435-328-6 Production Code: BFPCD43 Recorded Dates: 25 February 2008 Recorded At: The Moat Studios