Number of DVDs:2
DVD Number: BBCDVD1834
Duration: 72 minutes
The Doctor takes Ace back to her hometown of Perivale, only to find that something is very, very wrong. Many of Ace’s old friends and neighbors have disappeared while domestic pets become victims of unseen killers. Will the hunter become the hunted when only the fittest survive?
- Episodes presented with original stereo audio, plus new 5.1 surround sound mix by Mark Ayres
- Main commentary by Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred and script-or Andrew Cartmel.
- Second commentary (episode three only). Fan commentary from the winners of a recent Doctor Who Magazine competition.
- ‘Cat Flap’– a two-part documentary covering the making of Survival. Part One covers set-up and pre-production, Part Two covers shooting and post-production. With Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Lisa Bowerman, Will Barton, Sakuntala Ramanee andAdele Silva, script or Andrew Cartmel, director Alan Wareing, visual effects assistant Mike Tucker, composer Dominic Glynn and costume designer Ken Trew. Narrated by Paul Ewing.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes – material from the first of the story that didn’t make the final cut, plus comparisons of some of the scenes before and after the video effects were added.
- Out-takes and comedy moments from the production of the story.
- Continuities and trailers from the original BBC1 transmission.
- Photo Gallery – production and behind-the-scenes stills from the making of the story.
- Isolated Score – option to view the story with synchronous isolated music.
- Radio Times listings in Adobe pdf format for viewing on PC or Mac.
- Programme subtitles and subtitle production notes.
- ‘Endgame’ – Why was Doctor Who cancelled at the end of Season 26? What might have been in store for The Doctor and Ace if the series had continued into Season 27? With Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred, script or Andrew Cartmel, writers Ben
- Aaronovitch and Colin Brake, BBC Head of Drama Series Peter Cregeen, composer Mark Ayres and visual effects designer Mike Tucker. Narrated by Paul Ewing.
- ‘Search Out Science’ – a schools programme featuring The Doctor and Ace, with Stephen Johnson and K9.
- ‘Little Girl Lost’– A retrospective look at the development of Sophie Aldred’s character, Ace, from her first story, Dragonfire through to her last, Survival.With Sophie Aldred, creator Ian Briggs and script or Andrew Cartmel.
- ‘Destiny of the Doctors’– Anthony Ainley’s last appearance as The Master, in these links from the 1997 computer game