Scream of the Shalka DVD
Number of DVDs:1
DVD Number: BBCDVD2131
Duration: 78 minutes
The TARDIS lands in a small English village in 2003, where the populationare living in fear from a malevolent alien force. With the help of UNIT and his new friend Alison, The Doctor discovers that a race called the Shalka are residing underground, preparing to strip away the earth’s ozone layer and embark on a full-scale invasion of the planet…
Scream of the Shalka DVD is out in September 2013
- Commentary with writer Paul Cornell, director Wilson Milam and producer James Goss.
- ‘Carry On Screaming’ – Behind-the-scenes personnel discuss the making of the first ever Doctor Who animation. With executive producer Martin Trickey, producers Muirinn Lane Kelly and Jelena Djordjevic, animation director Jon Doyle, writer Paul Cornell and researcher Daniel Judd. Presented by James Goss, one of the story’s executive producers.
- ‘The Screaming Sessions’– Cast and crew interviews recorded at the time of production in 2003. With actors Sophie Okonedo (Alison), Jim Norton (Major Kennet), Diana Quick (Prime), Craig Kelly (Joe), Anna Calder-Marshall (Mathilda) and director Wilson Milam.
- ‘Interweb of Fear’ – A brief history of the BBC website and the role Doctor Who has played over the years. With internet consultant Martin Belam, or Ian Garrard, producer James Goss, commissioner Martin Trickey, rights expert Ann Kelly, iPlayer inventor Ben Lavender and Doctor Who executive producer Russell T Davies.
- Soundtrack Album of specially commissioned music for the story
- Programme subtitles
- Production information subtitles
- Photo gallery
- coming soon trailer
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality