Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace ), Philip Olivier (Hex), Clive Mantle (Oliver Cromwell), Roger Parrott (Doctor Goddard), Hugh Lee (Fitzgerald), Clare Cathcart (Mary), Ian Brooker (Colonel Sinnott)
Note to Sir Arthur Aston, governor of the town of Drogheda, 10 September 1649.
“Sir, Having brought the army belonging to the Parliament of England before this place, to reduce it to obedience, to the end effusion of blood may be prevented, I thought fit to summon you to deliver the same into my hands to their use.
If this be refused, you will have no cause to blame me.
I expect your answer and rest your servant.
Written By:Simon Guerrier
Directed By: Gary Russell
- The Settling was the eighty-second monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The TARDIS library has lemon trees in it near The Doctor’s collection of Ladybird books.
- Ace tells Hex that she has gleaned enough information about the TARDIS’ controls to set coordinates for a specific location. She gives South Croydon in 1990 as an example.
- Ace asks Hex if The Doctor has given him the “you can’t change history” speech yet. (The Aztecs)
- The Doctor has met Peter Chamberlen, the inventor of the obstetric forceps.