Paul McGann (The Doctor), India Fisher (Charley)
“Yaranaa – it means literally, ‘the soul of the vengeful’ – those whose lives have been cut short early and died with empty hearts”
Millennia ago, the people of the planet Caludaar pledged never to set foot on their sister planet Endarra. But what secrets does the planet hold? There are laws even The Doctor won’t break. And while C’rizz learns that some tragedies can’t be averted, Charley must decide who the enemy actually is.
For death walks on Endarra, and this time she won’t be denied.
- Scherzo was the fifty-second monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions
- The Doctor has lived for a thousand years.
- At the time it was released, this was the only piece of performed Doctor Who fiction since The Edge of Destruction in 1964 to feature only the regular cast.
- This story features The Doctor and Charley in one of the most intimate exchanges between a companion and Doctorin performed Doctor Who.
- Charley refers to the fact that she should have died in the crash of the British airship R101 on 5 October 1930. (Storm Warning)