The Resurrection Casket
Starfall – a world on the edge, where crooks and smugglers hide in the gloomy shadows and modern technology refuses to work. And that includes the TARDIS.
The pioneers who used to be drawn by the hope of making a fortune from the mines can find easier picking elsewhere. But they still come, for the romance of it, or in the hope of finding the lost treasure of Hamlek Glint — scourge of the spaceways, privateer, adventurer, bandit…
Will the TARDIS ever work again? Is Glint’s lost treasure waiting to be found? And does the fabled Resurrection Casket — the key to eternal life — really exist? With the help of new friends, and facing terrifying enemies, the Doctor and Rose aim to find out…
- The Resurrection Casket was the third Tenth Doctor novel in the BBC New Series Adventures series. It was released on the 13 April, just two days before the first episode of David Tennant’s first series was aired.
- There are some instances where Jimm is misspelled ‘Jim’.
- Later reprints of this book removed the image of Billie Piper from the cover, presumably due to use-of-likeness issues after she had left the programme.
- Trisilicate was the mineral in The The Monster of Peladon.
- The psychic paper first appeared in Rose.