Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Tony Blackburn (The DJ), David John (Liam McShane), Matthew Brenher (Jude), Neil Henry (Gabriel), Carlos Riera (Gustavo), Anne Bird (Caitriona/Shazza), Daniel Wilson (Brian), Jeremy James (Bouncer/Clubber)
Ibiza, 1997, and thousands of young people are acting like mindless zombies.
Which is to be expected. Ibiza, the island of dance music, sex, drugs and alcohol, is the ultimate hedonistic paradise.
God has sent help from on high to save the sinners of Ibiza. He has sent His angels to save their souls.
Which would be simple enough if these souls didn’t include an alien time-traveller working in a bar, a woman who disappeared in 1987, a young man carrying a photograph of a girl he’s never met and an Irish girl who doesn’t even know who she is anymore.
- The Rapture was the thirty-sixth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions
- The Doctor tells Gustavo that Ace is like him in that he”attracts trouble”. Gustavo suggests that it may be trouble which attracts him.
- Ace’s full name is given as Dorothy Gale McShane. She was born on 20 August 1970 to Audrey and Harry McShane.
- After discovering that Ace is”a time travelling crusader, ” Liam comments that it is”not the average Kilroy family reunion.”
- Liam is a fan of the science fiction series The X-Files and Professor X.
- This audio drama features remixes of the DoctorWho theme for each episode.
- 14 and 15 May 1997 are referred to as being a Friday and a Saturday. In actuality, they were a Wednesday and a Thursday.
- Liam refers to the British manned missions to Mars. (The Ambassadors of Death)
- Ace refers to Fenric (The Curse of Fenric) and her recent visit to Colditz Castle in October 1944. (Colditz)