Join the Unwashed… Join the Unforgiving. Join the Ragged, for we are the way.
A convoy of disenchanted ragamuffins is winding its way through the south-west of Englandat its head, a filthy cattletruck containing four punk mummers… and something else. The band plays sudden, violent and hate-filled gigs along the way: Dartmoor, Glastonbury Tor, an old cemetery in Bristol. And every time they play, people die in unspeakable ways. Aristocrats, high-flying stockbrokers, police officers, all find themselves the victims of a Class War that is threatening to shatter society.
Within the dark cattletruck, a malevolent force is leading this ragged army on a Magical Mayhem Tour towards its final, secret destination. With Jo powerless to resist its seductive influence and The Doctor lost in a nightmarish void, can the band from hell be prevented from staging its final society-cracking performance, and thus spelling the end of the road for… everything?
- Rags was the fortieth BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel. It featured the Third Doctor and Jo Grant. This novel was the first of two Doctor Who novels written by Mick Lewis.
- The Doctor is working on the TARDIS’ dematerialisation circuit.
- Jo refers to her one date with Mike Yates. (The Curse of Peladon)
- Jo recalls her encounter with the Axons (The Claws Of Axos) and the Daleks and the Ogrons (Day of the Daleks).
- Yates refers to the Keller Machine. (The Mind of Evil)