Peter Davison (the Doctor), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Susan Penhaligon (Shayla), Stephen Greif (Kwundaar), Ian Hallard (Sabian), Romy Tennant (Anona), Rita Davies (Janneus), Mark Woolgar (Hyrca), Billy Miller (Narthex / Captain Kabe), Alistair Lock (Etrayk)
Nyssa will die at dawn, and the Doctor doesn’t even know why.
To save her life, he must make a desperate journey to the only place in the universe where a cure might exist.
When even that fails, the Doctor has a choice — let Nyssa die, or make a deal with the devil.
After all, the road to hell is paved with good intentions…
Written By: Lance Parkin
Directed By: Gary Russell
- Primeval was the twenty-sixth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was notable for exploring the history of Nyssa’s home planet Of Traken
- The story is a both sequel and a prequel to The Keeper Of Traken.
- All the characters are named after or have names based on mediaeval theologians or aspects of mediaeval theology.
- This story reveals that Nyssa’s collapse in Four to Doomsday and the telepathic powers which she demonstrates in Time-Flight are the results of Kwundaar’s manipulations. Seeking to regain control of the Source, Kwundaar needed to use a native Of Traken who had left the union. He chose Nyssa. Ultimately, it is the Doctor whom Kwundaar wants to use to destroy Traken.
- Nyssa refers to Adric’s death. (Earthshock)