Colin Baker (The Doctor), Nicola Bryant (Peri), Deborah Watling (Victoria Waterfield), David Warwick (Dysart), Miles Jupp (Dominic), Andrew Dickens (Leiss), Howard Gossington (Weska), Victoria Alcock (Marion), Greg Donaldson (David), James Hayward (Sean)
It’s been many years since Victoria Waterfield travelled through time and space fighting monsters and dictators. Now she’s back on Earth fighting for the future of the planet. But are her environmental campaigns so far removed from those former adventures in the vortex?
As trucks carrying nuclear waste start to vanish into the air, her friends are kidnapped by a dangerous alien police force and a nuclear power plant runs dangerously close to meltdown… Victoria spies a familiar blue box.
The Doctor. After all this time, The Doctor has come back.
And now… Victoria Waterfield is going to kill him..
- According to the Pleyarec Dominion’s galactic classification system, the Sol System is in Sector 12. The Pleyarec police officers Collector Leiss and Constable Weska refer to The Doctor as “the Destroyer of Worlds.”
- By this time, Victoria is over 60 years old.
- The Pleyarec resemble “large reptilian bipeds in police riot gear” with tails.
- Peri is opposed to nuclear power.
- One of the staff members at the nuclear plant shouts “D’oh!” after being assaulted by Victoria, perhaps an unintentional reference to fictional power plant employee Homer Simpson.
- The Doctor discovers a living specimen of Ediacara biota, a life form which lived during the Cambrian Era, approximately 500, 000, 000 years earlier.
- Victoria is called “Vic” by her friends and fellow protestors. She previously objected to Captain Hopper referring to her as such While on Telos in the 25th century. (The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- Victoriarefers to her former travelling companions, the Second Doctor and Jamie McCrimmon. (The Evil of the Daleks to Fury from the Deep)
- Peri refers to the meltdown of the nuclear power planet in Chernobyl in the Ukraine on 26 April 1986, which rendered the entire area uninhabitable. (Black Destiny) As the meltdown occurred after she began travelling with the Fifth Doctor on 8 May 1984, she seemingly learned about the incident during her travels in the TARDIS. (Planet of Fire, The Reaping)