|Publication Date||15 May 1986|
The TARDIS has been taken out of time and
If The Valeyard can prove him guilty, The Doctor must sacrifice his remaining regenerations. To prove his case The Valeyard focuses on an adventure set in The Doctor’s past.
It is an adventure set on the planet
- The Trial Begins
- Barbarian Queen
- The Stoning
- The Reprieve
- Meeting the Immortal
- Captives of Queen Katryca
- The Attack of the Robot
- Hunt for The Doctor
- Tradesman’s Entrance
- The Big Bang
- End and Beginning
DEVIATIONS FROM THE TELEVISED STORY
- Valeyard, like Inquisitor, seems to be a Time Lord title, a Special Prosecutor assigned by the High Council in serious, often political, cases.
- The “lenient” sentencing during The Doctor’s previous trial, as mentioned by The Valeyard, is explicitly linked to his five-year exile on the planet Earth.
- The Doctor informs Peri they are currently two million years or more after her time period, while in the televised version it is not explicitly clear whether The Doctor said “two million ” or “two billion.”
- The Trial Station is said to be in a graveyard of spaceships.
- Balazar mentioning the Immortal and the Doctor being unfamiliar with the term is omitted.
- The L1 is referred to simply as the Service Robot.
- Broken Tooth attacks Drathro and is killed after he has killed Katryca, rather than after intervening to try and save her.