|Publication Date||15 January 1981|
A huge creature, with most unusual physical properties, arrives from an alien planet which can provide Chloris with metal from its own unlimited supplies, in exchange for chlorophyll.
However, the ruthless Lady Adrasta has been able to exploit the shortages of metal to her own advantage, and has no wish to see the situation change.
The action the aliens decide to take will have devastating consequences for Chloris, unless something is done to prevent it..
- The Pit
- The Doctor’s Leap to Death
- The Creature
- The Web
- The Meeting
- The Shield
- Wrapping Up
DEVIATIONS FROM THE TELEVISED VERSION
- Cutaway scenes explain Chloris from the perspective of the ex-miners-turned-bandits.
- Adrasta’s first meeting with Erato is featured.
- The novelisation details how Tythonians have sex.
- How Erato gets out of the pit is elaborated on.
- A different explanationis given for how K9 destroys the metal.
- The book ends with a lucky number gag as opposed to not the last scene on Chloris.