Paul McGann (
The TARDIS lands on Phobos, moon of Mars – where extreme sports nuts of the future indulge theirpassion for gravity-boarding and wormhole-jumping. But there’s something lurking in the shadows, something infinitely old and infinitely dangerous. It’s not for nothing that ‘Phobos’ is the ancient word for ‘fear’.
- Phobos was the fourth story, though fifth release part of Big Finish Productions’ The New Eighth Doctor Adventures audio stories
- The Fearmonger also features an entity which fed off of fear.
- Deimos, like Phobos, is named after the Martian moon on which it takes place. It also features space tourists encountering an ancient threat. Both stories note the meaning of their name in Greek, “dread” and “fear”, respectively.
- Githians are huge, furry humanoids that humans dislike due to their muscular bodies.
- Lucie compares the Githian to the “Harry Potter” character Hagrid.
- Lucie makes a”Scooby-Doo” reference by finishing Kai’s line”I would have gotten away with it…” with”if it hadn’t been for you meddling kids”.