Peter Davison (The Doctor), Mark Strickson (Turlough), Nicholas Briggs (Henry Gaunt), David Walliams (Quincy Flowers / Ned Cotton), Jonathan Rigby (Edmund Carteret), Mark Gatiss (Jasper Jeake), Jez Fielder (Poltrot / Major Billy Lovemore / Librarian), David Ryall (Sir Nikolas Valentine), Steven Wickham (Dr Samuel Holywell), Julia Deakin (Hannah Fry)
The TARDIS takes The Doctor and Turlough to the London of 1702 where a mysterious highwayman roams the streets, a local occultist has made contact with the dead and gentlemen of fashion are disappearing, only to find themselves in a chamber whose walls weep blood…
The time-travellers become enmeshed in the hideous plan of Sir Nikolas Valentine, a gambler at the mysterious Diabola Club who always seems to have a winning hand…
Written By: Mark Gatiss
Directed By: Nicholas Briggs..
- Phantasmagoria was the second in the series of Doctor Who CD audio dramas produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Nicholas Briggs. It featured the Fifth Doctor and Turlough. This meant that Mark Strickson got the honour of being the first televised companion to reprise his role for Big Finish
- Hannah is given brandy to settle her nerves.
- The Doctor gives Turlough his 1928 edition of Wisden Almanack.
- The Doctor considers cricket to be”the greatest game in the universe”, and gives Turlough a bit of an extended lecture about it. Writer Mark Gatiss has a bit of fun with the obscurity of some cricketing terms.
- Turloughenjoyed studying history at Brendon Public School on Earth. (Mawdryn Undead)
- The Doctor finds a cricket ball and a ball of string in his pocket. (Four to Doomsday)