Phantoms of the Deep
On their mission to explore the Mariana Trench at the very bottom of the ocean, the deepest and most inhospitable place on Earth, the crew of the deep sea vehicle Erebus make an unusual and startling discovery.
A battered blue police box.
As The Doctor, Romana and K9 join them on their journey, the submariners soon discover that the TARDIS is not the only unusual find lurking on the sea floor.
Super-intelligent squid, long-lost submarines and their miraculous occupants are only the start of their troubles. The Goblins are coming. and they won’t let anyone out alive.
- Phantoms of the Deep was the fifth story in the second series of The Fourth Doctor Adventures.
- The Doctor once materialised the TARDIS in the heart of a star. He claims that it “didn’t even scratch the surface.”
- The Doctor claims to have saved Julius Caesar from drowning in the River Tiber.
- Romanatells Terri McCulloch that she intends to write a thesis on whether or not The Doctor is sane.
- The Doctor refers to K9 as his “second best friend.”