“The Squall feed on psychic energy. They spread like a plague and if they are not stopped They will strip the Earth clean…”
London 1910: an unsuspecting thief finds himself confronted by grey-skinned creatures that are waiting to devour his mind. London 2789: the remains of an ancient android are dredged from the Thames. When reactivated it has a warning that can only be delivered to a man named ‘The Doctor’.
The Doctor and his friends must solve a mystery that has ned over a thousand years. If They fail, the deadly alien Squall will devour the world.
- Paradox Lost was the eleventh Eleventh Doctor novel released.
- While fleeing the Squall in a car, The Doctor says that he “hasn’t had this much fun since Bessie.“
- Amy brings up the idea of experiments involving drills, but soon states that she”could do without the earth suddenly opening beneath [her] feet again”. (The Hungry Earth)
- Rory recalls aliens made of wool (The Glamour Chase), vampire creatures (The Vampires of Venice) and nuclear bombs (Nuclear Time).
- The Doctor brings up the TARDIS exploding. (The Big Bang)