Tom Baker (Fourth Doctor), Louise Jameson (Leela), Geoffrey Beevers (The Master), Michael Cochrane (Colonel Spindleton), Dan Starkey (Marshal Grimnal/Captain Clarke), John Banks (Tyngworg/Warner/UNIT R/T Operator)
The first time the fearsome Kraals attempted to take over the Earth, with the help of their android agents, things didn’t go quite according to plan – thanks to the time-travelling alien Doctor and his allies at UNIT.
This time, Marshal Grinmal and his belligerent cohorts are ready for them. This time, they’ll make no mistakes. This time, Chief Scientist Tyngworg has not just one plan, but a back-up plan, and a back-up back-up plan worked out…
With The Doctor a prisoner on the Kraals’ radiation-blasted home planet of Oseidon, only his companion Leela can save the day – alongside a most unlikely ally.
- The Oseidon Adventure was the sixth story in the first series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures.
- The Master has allied himself with the Kraals, who invade Earth through the space-time wormhole created by the Great White Worm which is linked to their home planet Oseidon. Marshal Grinmal is the commander of the invasion force which it composed of the second Kraal army.
- Leela describes the Kraals as resembling”a pig who has mated with a rhino.” The Doctor tells her that twelve centuries of living on a planet which has been ravaged by nuclear radiation will not result in a species which is”easy on the eye.”
- Marshal Grinmal forges an alliance with Colonel Spindleton, who agrees to offer any and all assistance to the Kraal invasion force on the condition that he be allowed to rule England once the Kraals have conquered.
- Marshal Grinmal has The Master chained up in Colonel Spindleton’s stables. Leela rescues him as she requires him to pilot the TARDIS so she can retrieve him from Oseidon.
- Leela refers to The Master as “charcoal face.”