Sword of Orion
Sword of Orion
Paul McGann (The Doctor), India Fisher (Charley), Nicholas Briggs (Cybermen), Hylton Collins (Vol), Barnaby Edwards (Digly), Mark Gatiss (Thinnes), Helen Goldwyn (Chev), Michelle Livingstone (Deeva Jansen), Alistair Lock (Cybermen), Toby Longworth (Kelsey), Ian Marr (Ike), Bruce Montague (Grash)
The human race is locked in deadly combat with the ‘Android Hordes’ in the Orion System. Light years from the front line, The Doctor and Charley arrive to sample the dubious delights of a galactic backwater, little suspecting that the consequences of the Orion War might reach them there. But High Command’s lust for victory knows no bounds.
Trapped aboard a mysterious derelict star destroyer, The Doctor and Charley find themselves facing summary execution. But this is only the beginning of their troubles. The real danger has yet to awaken.
Until, somewhere in the dark recesses of the Garazone System, the Cybermen receive the signal for reactivation.
- Sword of Orion was the seventeenth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The Doctor finds a recorder in the smugglers shop and plays it to Charley, he has lost practice. (The Power of the Daleks)
- The Doctor tells Charley to grab a book and take it with them from the smugglers’ shop without paying for it. Charley makes note of this but The Doctor claims that “it’s probably stolen anyway”.
- While on board the star destroyer The Doctor mentions feeling something waking up, unknowingly referencing his encounter with the Cybermen on Telos in his second incarnation. (The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- The Cybermen refer to their encounter with The Doctor on Planet 14. (The Invasion)