“I’m playing with a fire so dangerous I could scorch eternity.”
The last words of a dying alien send The Doctor and Bernice to thirtieth-century Earth in an attempt to avert an unspecified disaster. Before they can even unpack they’ve been arrested by the Adjudicators and sentenced to death by the Imperial army. Their attempts to prove their innocence take them from the mosaic planet Purgatory to a prison inside a star.
Meanwhile, Adjudicators Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej have their own problems. Investigating a series of apparently motiveless murders, they have stumbled upon a conspiracy with sinisterovertones. On the run and out of luck, the only people they can turn to are their chief suspects: The Doctor and Bernice.
And as they run, someone is watching them. Someone who knows The Doctor of old…
- Original Sin is the thirty-ninth New Adventures novel, first published in 1995. It featured the Seventh Doctor and Bernice Summerfield and introduced new companions Adjudicators Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej.
- Chris had a body bepple so that he looked like a teddy bear.
- Professor Zebulon Pryce is a member of the University of Sallas.
- The Doctor enjoys lapsang souchong tea.
- Vaughn scavenged Cyberman bodies from 1985 (Attack of the Cybermen), 1986 (The Tenth Planet) and the post-Cyber-Wars period (Revenge of the Cybermen).
- The manner in which the Divine Empress is hooked into the computer system is extremely similar to the Controller in Bad Wolf.
- Vaughn funded: BOSS (The Green Death), Whitaker’s time scoop (Invasion of the Dinosaurs), Professor Kettlewell’s researches (Robot)
Glittergun (Revenge of the Cybermen)