Somebody’s interfering with time. The Doctor, Rose and Captain Jack arrive on modern-day Earth to find the culprit — and discover a Neanderthal Man, twenty-eight thousand years after his race became extinct. Only a trip back to the primeval dawn of humanity can solve the mystery.
Who are the mysterious humans from the distant future now living in that distant past? What hideous monsters are trying to escape from behind the Grey Door? Is Rose going to end up married to a caveman?
Caught between three very different types of human being — past, present and future — The Doctor, Rose and Captain Jack must learn the truth behind the Osterberg experiment before the monstrous Hy-Bractors escape to change humanity’s history forever…
- Only Human was the fifth Ninth Doctor novel released.
- The Doctor’s TARDIS has a swear filter.
- When Das was telling The Doctor, Rose and Jack, he mentioned “a strange tree” that brought him to 2005. This might be a reference to Doctor Who’s first episode, An Unearthly Child, where Kal describes the TARDIS in the same manner.
- Rose gets married to a prehistoric human. Her married name is “Rose Glathicgacymcilliach”. This would make her a widow as Tillun lives out his natural life in his own time.
- The Doctor uses the fast return switch. (The Edge of Destruction)
- The Doctor refers to the destruction of Gallifrey in the Last Great Time War. (The End of the World)