Oh No It Isnt!
Oh No It Isnt!
Lisa Bowerman (Bernice Summerfield), Nicholas Courtney (Wolsey the Cat), Jo Castleton (Jayne Waspo/Bitchy), Jonathan Brüün (Michael Doran/Cute), Colin McIntyre (Captain Balsam/King Rupert), Nicholas Briggs (Lt Prince/Prince Charming), James Campbell (Professor Candy/Dame Candy), Mark Gatiss (The Grand Vizier), Alistair Lock (The Grel Master)
A two-part dramatisatedition starring Lisa Bowerman and special guest star Nicholas Courtney as Wolsey the Cat.
‘The King’s balls get bigger every year!’
What could possibly go wrong on Professor Bernice Summerfield’s investigation into the lost civilisation of Perfecton? Nothing, it seems – until they leave the planet and spot a dirty great missile heading towards their ship. But instead of oblivion, Benny finds herself plunged into the strange world of – panto.
- This story is based on the New Adventure of the same name.
- Oh No It Isn’t! was the first Bernice Summerfield audio story
- Perfecton has been uninhabited for 5,000 years.
- The quarantine on Perfecton was lifted by Earth Central two weeks earlier.
- Bernice sings “Lullaby of Birdland”.
- Wolsey believes that Bernice is Dick Whittington.
- Grellor is the homeworld of the Grel.
- The Grel afterlife is called Slawcor.
- The real Richard Whittington served as Lord Mayor of London on three occasions between 1397 and 1420.
- Like many early Big Finish releases, this audio story was released on double cassette as well as double CD.
- The cassette is now discontinued.
- This and other early releases have been reissued with a slightly different cover to bring it in line with the later series branding.
- This audio story was recorded on 25 and 26 June 1998.