The Zygon Inversion
7 November 2015
|Written by||Peter Harness|
|Directed by||Daniel Netheim|
|Produced by||Peter Bennett|
Shapeshifting Zygons are everywhere in the UK, and there is no way of knowing who to trust. With UNIT neutralised, only The Doctor stands in their way. But how do you stop a war?
And what can The Doctor do to save his friends?
- The Doctor claims to Osgood that his real name is “Basil.”
- The Doctor nicknames Bonnie “Zygella.”
- The Doctor jokes that as he is over 2000 years old, he is old enough to be a Messiah.
- The Doctor calls London a “dump”. When Osgood says he goes there often, he says that doesn’t mean he has to like it.
- When The Doctor, Clara, and Osgood arrive to the TARDIS, The Doctor is a few feet away from it. On the next shot, he’s standing right next to it.
- The painting of the First Doctor in the Unit Safehouse opens to reveal a safe. (The Zygon Invasion)
- Kate Stewart explains that she survived her encounter with a Zygon by firing “five rounds rapid”, a phrase often used by her father. (The Dæmons)
- The naval surgeon who invented the anti-Zygon gas Z-67 is named Sullivan. (Terror of the Zygons, The Zygon Invasion) The Doctor refers to him as an imbecile just as his fourth incarnation once did. (Revenge of the Cybermen)
- The battle helmet of a Mire can be seen as a recent addition to the Black Archive. (The Girl Who Died)
- The Doctor recalls the intense pain of his experiences in the Last Great Time War. Furthermore, the Osgood Boxes are directly based off the Moment to reflect the way his wartime self struggled not to use its destructive potential. (The Day of the Doctor)
- Bonnie wears a facsimile of the Seventh Doctor’s costume, with a duffel coat. (The Curse of Fenric)
- The Doctor tells Osgood he once created an invisible watch, a possible reference to the watch he used to avoid being detected by the Skovox Blitzer. (The Caretaker)
- The Doctor mentions the Last Great Time War when Bonnie accuses him of not understanding war, telling her he’s fought in a bigger war than she’ll ever know.