28 November 2015
Peter Capaldi (the Twelfth Doctor
|Written by||Steven Moffat|
|Directed by||Rachel Talalay|
|Produced by||Peter Bennett|
Trapped in a world unlike any other he has seen, The Doctor faces the greatest challenge of his many lives. One final test. And he must face it alone.
- What seems like more than two billion years passes for The Doctor within the confession dial. However, as The Doctor keeps reverting back to his state upon arrival, he likely did not age at all. Though, when he reaches the Azbantium Wall, The Doctor regains his memories of all his previous times, exclaiming the he remembers and knows how much time has elapsed.
- The Doctor says he hates gardening.
- A portrait of is hanging in the castle.
- The Doctor discusses the Brothers Grimm to the Veil and the tale of the shepherd boy.
- The Doctor retains his confession dial. (Prologue, The Magician’s Apprentice/ The Witch’s Familiar, Face the Raven)
- The Doctor remembers ‘s death and how she told him not to take revenge. (Face the Raven)
- The Doctor refers to a skull which he finds as his”predecessor, ” not knowing how correct he is in that reference. The Master had previously referred to a skeleton in the Death Zone on Gallifrey in the same way. (The Five Doctors)
- The Doctor imagines writing on a blackboard. (Listen)
- The Doctor mentions the Gallifreyan prophecy about the Dalek-Time Lord hybrid, (The Witch’s Familiar) and, after admitting that nothing can be “half-Dalek, ” apparently admits that he is in fact the hybrid. The Doctor’s eighth incarnation had once purported to a human hybrid. (The TV Movie) In one account, however, he dismissed this as manufactured by the Chameleon Arch. (The Forgotten)
- The Doctor returns to Gallifrey, having got there”the long way round”. (The Day of the Doctor)
- The Doctor previously had a connection to a room with his incarnation’s number (The God Complex)
- The Doctor admits he is afraid of dying. (The Time of the Doctor)
- The Doctor uses his sonic sunglasses. (The Magician’s Apprentice)