Face The Raven
21 November 2015
Maisie Williams (Ashildr), Joivan Wade (Rigsy), Naomi Ackie (Jen), Simon Manyonda (Kabel), Simon Paisley Day (Rump), Letitia Wright (Anahson), Robin Soans (Chronolock Guy), Angela Clerkin (Alien Woman), Caroline Boulton (Habrian Woman), Jenny Lee (Elderly Woman)
|Written by||Sarah Dollard|
|Directed by||Justin Molotnikov|
|Produced by||Nikki Wilson|
The Doctor and Clara, with their old friend Rigsy, find themselves in a magical alien world, hidden on a street in the heart of London.
Sheltered within are some of the most fearsome creatures of the universe… and Ashildr (Maisie Williams)! With a death sentence hanging over their heads, not all of the intruders will get out alive.
- This is the first story to feature the Twelfth Doctor in a burgundy version of his signature navy blue Crombie coat, similar to the coat he was first seen wearing during The Day Of The Doctor.
- In the credits, the word "Oods" is used to denote more than one Ood, rather than the established "Ood", as used in The Impossible Planet.
- In one scene, there is a poster with a diagram of a flux capacitor, a direct reference to Back to the Future. It is accompanied by writings in Aurebesh, the main alphabet used in the Star Wars franchise. This writing spells out
- "Delorean", the car used in the Back to the Future franchise.
- The Doctor and Clara reunite with Rigsy, (Flatline) and Me. (The Girl Who Died / The Woman Who Lived)
- The Doctor and Clara find that Rigsy’s memory of the last 24 hours have been wiped or "retconned". The retcon drug was frequently used by Torchwood Three. (Everything Changes)
- Me considers the trap street to be a more favorable way of housing aliens on Earth as opposed to the settling of the Zygons. (The Zygon Invasion / The Zygon Inversion)
- The Doctor’s confession dial reappears. (The Magician’s Apprentice / The Witch’s Familiar)
- Clara compares her coming sacrifice to that of Danny Pink. (Death in Heaven)
- The TARDIS telephone rings. (Aliens of London)
- Clara tells the Doctor to "heal himself". This is reminiscent as the Eighth Doctor’s final words: "Physician, heal thyself". (The Night of the Doctor)
- Clara asks the Doctor to be "a Doctor" and not "a warrior". She said something similar to the Eleventh Doctor when convincing him not to detonate the Moment. (The Day Of The Doctor)
- Clara hangs outside of the TARDIS in order to find the mysterious cause of Rigsy’s tattoo. She hangs outside of it in a way similar to how the Eleventh Doctor once did. (The Day Of The Doctor)
- Clara says she loves Jane Austen. Clara previously taught classes about her and stated Jane was a great kisser. (The Caretaker, The Magician’s Apprentice)
- Clara tells the Doctor that his "reign of terror" will end at the sight of his "first crying child". (The Girl Who Died)
- The Doctor previously has had to deal with dangerous countdowns. (42, Flesh and Stone)
- Rigsy paints a mural on the TARDIS. This isn’t the first time it has been graffitied (Aliens of London) nor the first time someone has gone and painted it in his absence. (The Happiness Patrol)
- The Doctor states he was lost once "a long time ago". (The Waters of Mars, The Snowmen)
- Several alien species previously encountered by the Doctor are seen: