Mummy on the Orient Express
11 October 2014
Frank Skinner (Perkins), David Bamber (Captain Quell), John Sessions (Gus), Daisy Beaumont (Maisie), Christopher Villiers (Prof Moorhouse), Janet Henfrey (Mrs. Pitt), Foxes (singer), Jamie Hill (Foretold), Samuel Jackson (Danny Pink)
|Written by||Jamie Mathieson|
|Directed by||Paul Wilmhurst|
|Produced by||Peter Bennett|
The Doctor is on the most beautiful train in history, speeding among the stars of the future. But a deadly creature is stalking the passengers. Once you see the horrifying mummy, you only have 66 seconds to live. No exceptions, no reprieve. As The Doctor races against the clock, he is seen at his deadliest and most ruthless.
Will he work out how to defeat The mummy? Start the clock!
- Mummy on the Orient Express was the eighth episode of the eighth series of Doctor Who produced by BBC Wales.
- When The Doctor gets the Foretold to target him, he says”Are you my mummy?”
- “Queen”‘s song”Don’t Stop Me Now” is performed on the train.
- The Doctor wears a bow tie, but in a fashion identical to the ones he used during his First Doctor” href=”1stdoctorpage”>first incarnation.
- The Doctor keeps jelly babies in a case about his person.
- This episode marks the fifth story of Series 8 not to feature Missy after Robot of Sherwood, Listen, Time Heist and Kill the Moon.
- This isn’t the first story inspired by a tale from Agatha Christie. (The Robots of Death). Tenth Doctor met Agatha Christie herself in The Unicorn and the Wasp.
- Following the wedding of Amy Pond and Rory Williams, the Eleventh Doctor received a call informing him that an Egyptian goddess was loose on the Orient Express in space. He indicates that this was just another trap by Gus. (The Big Bang)
- the Seventh Doctor previously encountered trains that travel through space. (Transit)
- The Doctorpreviously visited space-travelling reproductions of 20th century Earth means of transportation, most recently the Titanic. (Delta and the Bannermen, Voyage of the Damned)
- The Doctorasks the Foretold”Are you my mummy?” in remembrance of The Empty Child’s Jamie, an allusedition that he previously made in The Poison Sky.
- Once again, Twelfth Doctor The Doctor’s respiratory bypass system allows him to handle lack of Oxygen, considerably better than humans. (The Ark in Space, Smith and Jones, The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe)
- The Doctor previously encountered mummies, most recently in the Pyramid of the Rings of Akhaten. (Pyramids of Mars, The Sands of Time, The Curse of the Scarab, The Rings of Akhaten)
- It has been three weeks since Clara stormed out of the TARDISafter the incident on the Moon in 2049. (Kill the Moon)
- The Doctor mentions how hard it is for someone to acquire the TARDIS telephone number. (Time Heist)
- WhenTwelfth Doctor The Doctor was talking to himself about what the Foretold death reminds him of, he puts on an accent of the Fourth Doctor. He also offers Perkins a jelly baby, just like the Fourth Doctor. (Robot)