The Angels Take Manhattan
29 September 2012
|Written by||Steven Moffat|
|Directed by||Nick Hurran|
|Produced by||Marcus Wilson|
In New York, The Doctor, Amy, and Rory meet River, but the Weeping Angels threaten the city as time periods overlap and time runs out for two of the travelers.
- Amy and Rorys final episode
- Filmed in New York
- Amy asks The Doctor to return to meet a young Amelia Pond the morning after he left her waiting in the garden in The Eleventh Hour to tell her about the adventures they will have together. The older Amy was dreaming about that morning when The Doctor came back to pick her up the night before her wedding at the end of The Eleventh Hour. Steven Moffat said of the scene, “After showing Amelia Pond in the garden as a young girl in The Eleventh Hour, Karen’s first episode, the final shot in Saturday’s The Angels Take Manhattan is a punchline I have been waiting to tell for two and a half years.”
- This is the first episode to feature River Songthat is neither part of a two-parter nor at least preceded by a cameo appearance of River in the previous episode.
- Amy is surprised that The Doctor wants to do a final check before exiting the TARDIS, on her first trip to another planet, The Doctor ignored warnings to do environment checks, rattling off information about the planet’s atmosphere. (The Time of Angels)
- Just after Amy and Rory jump off the roof of Winter Quay, and The Doctor is looking down at them, River is in the background standing normally, looking at The Doctor. In the very next shot, she is leaning on the ledge, looking down at Amy and Rory.
- As The Doctor examines River’s broken wrist, she says it is”pretty bad, too”. In this shot, The Doctor has his mouth open as if showing the pain of seeing her hand. But in the next shot, his mouth is closed.
- When Amy and The Doctor leave the car and enter Winter Quay, they leave River behind, but in a couple of shots later, she is back in the lift with them.
- Amy Pond calls The Doctor “Raggedy man” for the last time. (The Eleventh Hour)
- River says that she is a professor now. (Silence in the Library)
- The Doctor uses the extractor fans once more. (Let’s Kill Hitler)