The Family Of Blood
2 June 2007
Jessica Hynes (Nurse Joan Redfern), Harry Lloyd (Baines), Thomas Sangster (Tim Latimer), Tom Palmer (Hutchinson), Pip Torrens (Rocastle), Rebekah Staten (Jenny), Gerard Horan (Mr. Clark), Lauren Wilson (Lucy Cartwright), Matthew White (Phillips), Derek Smith (Doorman), Peter Bourke (Mr. Chambers), Sophie Turner (Vicar).
|Written by||Paul Cornell|
|Directed by||Charles Palmer|
|Produced by||Julie Garner and Phil Colinson|
As the Family holds Martha Jones and Joan Redfern captive, John Smith is helplessly bewildered by their demands. Tim Latimer briefly opens the watch containing the Doctor’s essence, confusing the Family with the Doctor’s scent.
- TSmith’s A Journal of Impossible Things was created by artist Kellyanne Walker, based on text provided by (writer) Paul Cornell. Kellyanne’s brief was to reflect the fact that Smith wasn’t an excellent artist – and that These were images and thoughts from his dreams that he had rushed down on paper before he forgot them.
- Joan Redfern was the third character in the revived series to decline an invitation to travel with the Tenth Doctor, after Sarah Jane Smith and Donna Noble. Donna would ultimately travel with the Doctor in Series 4.
- Russell T Davies once stated in an interview for the Doctor Who Magazine his belief that this two-parter was too dark for the program’s audience.
- Radio Times and the televised credits credit David Tennant only as the Doctor.
- As is routine for post-2005 Doctor Who, a NEXT TIME trailer for the next episode is shown At The end of the episode.