The Doctor Dances
28 May 2005
Kate Harvey (Nightclub Singer), Albert Valentine (The Child), Florence Hoath (Nancy), Cheryl Fergison (Mrs Lloyd) Damian Samuels (Mr Lloyd), John Barrowman (Jack Harkness), Robert Hands (Algy), Joseph Tremain (Jim), Jordan Murphy (Ernie), Brandon Miller (Alf), Richard Wilson (Dr Constantine) Noah Johnson (Voice of the Empty Child), Dian Perry (Computer Voice).
|Written by||Steven Moffat|
|Directed by||James Hawes|
|Produced by||Julie Garner and Phil Colinson|
The Child’s plague is spreading throughout wartime London, and its zombie army is on the march. The Doctor and Rose form an alliance with intergalactic con man Captain Jack, but find themselves trapped in the abandoned hospital. The answer lies at the crash site, but time is running out..
- the Eleventh Doctor later also visits the London Blitz during 1941. (Victory of the Daleks)
- River Song later mocks the Eleventh Doctor for brandishing his sonic screwdriver in a gunfight and tells him to go build a cabinet (Day of the Moon) — similar to Jack‘s taunt that The Doctor could put up some shelves. The War Doctor asks if the Tenth Doctor and the Eleventh Doctor are going to build a cabinet when they similarly brandish their screwdrivers while surrounded by Queen Elizabeth I’s soldiers. (The Day of the Doctor)
- Rose tells Jack that when she met The Doctor, he blew up my job. (Rose)
- Jack Harkness says, You’ve got to set your alarm for Volcano Day, to The Doctor when referring to holidays. The Doctor later uses this same terminology when encountering a real volcano. (The Fires of Pompeii)
- The German bomb Jack sits atop while his Chula spaceship uses a tractor beam to keep it from impacting and exploding has the words “Schlechter Wolf” stamped on the side.
- Taken in its more innocent context, this episode features one of the few scenes in which The Doctor is actually shown to partner dance. The only time he does so in the “classic” series is when the Seventh Doctor briefly and awkwardly dances with Ray in Delta And The Bannermen.
- the Tenth Doctor says, Bananas are good. when he tells Rose to always, bring a banana to a party, (The Girl in the Fireplace). This is a reference to what The Doctor says when describing his liking for bananas to Jack.
- Jack uses a sonic blaster from the weapons factories of Villengard, and learns that The Doctor had arranged for the destruction of the site and its replacement with a banana plantation.
Setting 2428-D of the sonic screwdriver allows it to reattach barbed wire.
- As is routine for post-2005 Doctor Who, a NEXT TIME trailer for the next episode is shown at the end of the episode