Can You Hear Me?
9 February 2020
Ian Gelder (Zellin), Clare-Hope Ashitey (Rakaya), Buom Tihngang (Tibo), Sharon D Clarke (Grace O’Brien), Bhavnisha Parmar (Sonya Khan), Aruhan Galieva (Tahira), Sirine Saba (Maryam), Nasreen Hussain (Anita Patel), Everal A Walsh (Gabriel), Michael Keane (Fred), Amanda Liberman (Mum), Willie Jonah (Old Tibo), Anthony Taylor (Andrew)
|Written by||Charlene James and Chris Chibnall|
|Directed by||Emma Sullivan|
|Produced by||Nikki Wilson, Adam Friedlander & Alex Mercer|
From ancient Syria to present-day Sheffield and out into the wilds of space, something is stalking The Doctor and her friends… As Graham, Yaz and Ryan return home to see friends and family, they find themselves haunted by very different experiences. Who is the figure calling from beyond the stars for help, and why? And what are the fearsome Chagaskas terrorising Aleppo in 1380? To find the answers, Team TARDIS must embark on a mission which forces them to face their darkest fears.
Zellin and Rakaya identify themselves as immortals and gods.
Zellin alludes to the Eternals and the Guardians of Time, and specifically references the Celestial Toymaker.
Ryan brings chips to Tibo’s flat.
Medical ailments and remedies
Graham is afraid that his cancer could return.
Ryan and Tibo play a FIFA video game.
- Yaz tells Sonya that she has been to California, (Spyfall) Madagascar, Hong Kong, (Praxeus) and Gloucester. (Fugitive of the Judoon)
- Sonya recalls hearing about the recent events in Gloucester, and that her dad thought the Russians were responsible. (Fugitive of the Judoon)
- The Dregs appear in Ryan’s nightmare. (Orphan 55)
- The Doctor recalls The Master speaking of the Timeless Child. (Spyfall)
- Zellin mentions the Eternals, (Enlightenment) Guardians, (The Ribos Operation) and the Toymaker. (The Celestial Toymaker)
- The gods refer to human lives as”ephemeral”. (Enlightenment)
- Yaz was bullied at school. (The Witchfinders)
- This marks the first Doctor Who television story to have a question mark in its title.