Minuet in Hell
Paul McGann (the Doctor), India Fisher (Charley), Nicholas Courtney (The Brigadier), Robert Jezek (Brigham Elisha Dashwood III), Morgan Deare (Senator Waldo Pickering), Helen Goldwyn (Becky Lee Kowalczyck), Maureen Oakeley (Dr Dale Pargeter), Nicholas Briggs (Gideon Crane), Hylton Collins (Orderly) [1-2,4], Alistair Lock (Guard) , Barnaby Edwards (Scott) [3-4].
The twenty-first century has just begun, and Malebolgia is enjoying its status as the newest state in America. After his successful involvement with Scotland’s devolution, Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart has been invited over to Malebolgia to offer some of his experiences and expertise.
There he encounters the charismatic Brigham Elisha Dashwood III, an evangelical statesman running for Governor who may not be quite as clean-cut and wholesome as he makes out. One of Dashwood’s other roles in society is as patron of a new medical institute, concentrating on curing the ills of the human mind. One of the patients there interests the Brigadier — someone who claims he travels through space and time in something called a TARDIS.
Charley, however, has more than a few problems of her own. Amnesiac, she is working as a hostess At The local chapter of the Hell Fire Club, populated by local dignitaries who have summoned forth the demon Marchosias. And the leader of the Club? None other than Dashwood, who seems determined to achieve congressional power by the most malevolent means at his disposal…s
- Minuet in Hell was the nineteenth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- Gideon Crane tests the Doctor by listing a range of his former companions — “Charley, Sam, Ace, Evelyn, Nyssa, Romana, Sarah Jane, Jamie, Polly, Ian, Barbara and Susan… dear, dear Susan.”
- The Brigadier refers to Doris.
- After leaving Venice in 2294, the Doctor decided that it was time that he visited his American friend Dr. Grace Holloway. (The TV Movie)
- The Brigadier mentions that he has fought demons before. (The Dæmons, Battlefield)