The Mind’s Eye
The Mind’s Eye
The Mind’s Eye: Peter Davison (The Doctor), Nicola Bryant (Peri Brown), Caroline Morris (Erimem), Owen Teale (Hayton), Rebecca Front (Major Takol), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Kyle), Richard Laing (Ukarme), Nicola Weeks (Andree).
Mission of the Viyrans: Peter Davison (The Doctor), Nicola Bryant (Peri), Peter Sowerbutts (Lawrence), Philip Childs (Chris)
The Mind’s Eye (A Three-Part Story)
This is a warning to all space farers. You must keep away from this planet. It’s hostile, repeat, hostile.
On a planet with no name, The Doctor finds himself confronted by a faulty memory and some killer plants.
In a distant galaxy, Erimem leads a troubled empire.
Back on Earth, Peri tells her son about the good old days when she used to travel with a man called The Doctor.
Written by Colin Brake
Directed by Barnaby Edwards
Mission of the Viyrans (A One-Part Story) by Nicholas Brigg
The Doctor and Peri take a holiday on the planet Gralista Social, but soon discover they aren’t the only time-travelling aliens in town.
- The Mind’s Eye was the one hundred and second monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. Featuring the Fifth Doctor, Peri and Erimem, this story takes place between Planet of Fire and The Caves of Androzani, and after the audio story Son of the Dragon
- The Mind’s Eye is three episodes long. The remaining episode on the second disc is Mission of the Viyrans.
- The Doctor learned how to pick locks from the American escapologist Harry Houdini. (The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Planet of the Spiders)
- The Doctor and his companions again experience dreams induced by plants in Amy’s Choice.
- This story leads directly into the audio drama The Bride of Peladon.
- The hallucinogenic plants in this story reappear in Brotherhood of the Daleks.