The Vault – an archive of alien artefacts securely stored deep beneath the Angel of the North.
There’s also a prisoner in the Vault. An extraterrestrial known as The Master. He has been on Earth for some time, but now he’s under lock and key.
This is his story.
Or, as Captain Ruth Matheson and Warrant Officer Charlie Sato discover… perhaps it is theirs.
- Mastermind was the sixty-ninth release in the Companion Chronicles audio range
- The Master tells Charlie that he is”known as The Master…universally.” (Terror of the Autons)
- After stealing the body of Don Maestro’s son Michael, The Master is elated at having”a new body at last.” (The Keeper of Traken)
- Charlie refers to The Master’s aliases of Professor Emil Keller (The Mind of Evil), Reverend Magister (The Dæmons) and Professor Thascalos (The Time Monster).
- Charlie Sato is 30 years old.
- The Master boarded the RMS Titanic, unaware of its eventual fate, and escaped in a lifeboat when it sank.
- Excalibur is held in the Vault.