11 September 1986
Designed as a universal problem solver, WOTAN has suddenly begun to think for itself and has formulated a deadly plan. Using its phenomenal power it will programme humans to build mobile fighting computers, and with these indestructible war machines WOTAN will take over the world…
- The Home-Coming
- The Super-Computer
- A Night Out
- Servant turned Master
- Putting the Team Together
- Working for the Cause
- A Demonstration of Power
- The One Who Got Away
- Attack and Defence
- Taking to the Streets
- Setting the Trap
- The Showdown
- We Can’t Stay Long
DEVIATIONS FROM THE TELEVISED STORY
- The Doctor gains access to the Post Office Tower with forged credentials and the fact that he and Brett have a mutual acquaintance in Ian Chesterton.
- The Doctor defeats the first War Machine by burning out its circuit with a radiowave, rather than it simply stopping.
- The second War Machine is named as Valk. It is not armed prior to going rogue, meaning The Doctor has to fit it with an automatic rifle after reprogramming it.
- The Doctor enters the tower on realising humans are in danger from Valk‘s attack.
- The battle between WOTAN and Valk is more involved, with the computer trying to defend itself with electrical charges.